A fine English double bass by William Callow of Nottingham ca 1895. Callow in addition to being a much sought after restorer also made a number of fine instruments specializing in basses. Morris in his book on British Violin Makers reports He made a large number of violins, violas and a large number of double basses, gaining a considerable reputation for his larger instruments. One double bass which I saw was well made, and had an immense volume of tone of good quality.
- String Length: 42.25 inches (107.5 cm)
- Length of Back: 45 inches (114 cm)
- Rib Depth: 8.75 inches (22.5 cm)
- Upper Bout: 22 inches (56 cm)
- Middle Bout: 15.75 inches (40 cm)
- Lower Bout: 27.25 inches (69 cm)
Contact us for more information